Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Follow us along for a DIY baby food journey!

As a baker and wedding cake decorator and my husband being a chef, we put a lot of thought into what goes into our now 7 month old's mouth.  I am here to demonstrate how simple it is to make fresh baby food from start to finish, using Oliver as my model. Everything from recipes and ingredients, to food storage will be highlighted, along with food cost (thank you culinary school!) and  nutritional benefits, WITH photos of course!

If your baby has a similar reaction to Oliver's after eating jarred green beans, this blog may be for you!



Giving your baby prepared baby food is convenient, fairly inexpensive, and just plain EASY. There are so many brands, varieties and options available in plenty of stores now-a-days. Organic, non-organic, meat and meat-free, mixed fruits, mixed veg, fruits with granola, veg with brown rice blended in, even spoonable baby "smoothies,"
I don't know about you, but I couldn't imagine living off of canned mixed veg, blended prunes, canned green beans or pureed meats with gravy (?!?). You and your baby may find these things appealing, but I do not, and that is exactly why I decided to start this blog, for all the grossed out babies out there along with their moms and dads who want to give them something better so slurp on.

After trying some of my recipes, THIS should be your baby's reaction after mealtime!




Stay tuned for more updates. I can't wait to teach everyone a little something along the way! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hill,
    Cool idea! I don't cook or have little ones any longer so I am going to follow along just to see the faces Ollie makes!! :) Have fun and I look forward to reading your blog and seeing Ollies pics!
    Bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your concept and your photos, of course! It seems like most pregnant women are careful about what they put in their bodies when they are pregnant; i.e. they limit caffeine, cut out cold-cuts, over-the-counter medicines, etc., but once the baby is here.....it's jarred, pureed meats, bland cereals and strange blends of food. Yucky!! It will be interesting to read what you come up with for new parents; especially since it will be fresh and healthful. Can't wait to see more Ollie pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete